Season 1 Episode 4: The missing episode
This episode was never recorded, but the notes have been published to reflect what would've been discussed.
Previous episode | Subscribe | Next episode
- Mastodon users (particularly Maloki) kick off the #forktogether project
- Framasoft's kickstarter for PeerTube exceeds its funding target by 266%
- Guido van Rossum walks away as Python leader
- EU parliament votes down dangerous copyright laws and the EU commission fines Google €4.34 billion for anti-trust violations
- Facebook loses $120 billion in a single day after they reveal 3 million Europeans have stopped using it in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal
- FreeCiv (a clone of Sid Meier's Civilization) releases version 2.6.0
- Microsoft acquires Github for $7.5 billion and SUSE is sold to a private equity firm
- I temporarily hosted my code on a self-hosted SVN server instead of Github
- I lasted only a couple of weeks using Chrome before I switched back to Firefox!
- I now use Fedora 28 as my primary OS because switching "brain modes" between Oracle Linux & Debian every day was getting annoying. I also gave Gnome Shell a chance and was surprised to discover I like it
- My gaming rig has finally been upgraded to Windows 10 because I found out you can still do free upgrades
- My last magazine writing work (for now) is a LibreOffice BASIC tutorial in Linux Format issue 239